Tuesday, April 22, 2008

NCFC Spring Flute Festival 2008: The Fairy Ring Mushroom Company


We're less than a week away from the second annual NCFC/NoNahme Spring Gathering in Georgetown, CA. To highlight the event, I thougth that I would feature a short introduction or review of each of the vendors who will be selling flutes next weekend. There will be a lot of other vendors with awesome crafts for sale, far too many for me to talk about each of them. But since I know personally, or know of all of the flutemakers, I thought that I would spend a few moments letting you know what's in store so that you bring a few extra bucks with you, just in case...

Loren Parlee and Lonnie Murphy are twin sisters who, together, make wonderful musical creations together. These two are definitely 'cut from the same' cloth. And what a wonderful cloth it is! They make flutes, whistles, drums, claves and other amazing instruments. You never know what's gonna show up in their booth! Their company is the Fairy Ring Mushroom Company. You can find some of their latest creations on their website: http://www.fairyringmushroom.com/

But be sure to stop by their booth and make sure that you have some time to browse their collection of crafts. I don't know how they do it, but they always have a huge inventory of instruments for sale (well OK, I guess I do know how they do it, there's TWO of them...) :-)

For a complete list of vendors, check out the festival page: http://www.softcom.net/users/greebo/festival.htm

Don't forget that the NCFC/NoNahme Spring Flute Festival is April 26-27, 2008, in Georgetown, CA. 8 AM - 6 PM each day

No comments: