DATE: Sunday, April 30th, 2006
TIME: 1 to 4 pm
LOCATION: Morgan Hill, CA (send e-mail to bayclan AT naflute DOT com for details)
HOST: Diane Dobson
ORGANIZER: Frankie Sierra 1-408-204-FLUTE, f dot sierra at comcast dot net
We have a special treat for those who could not make it to Musical Echoes in Florida this weekend. We will have our own mini flute retreat on the hills of Morgan Hill. Our April meeting will be hosted here: www.webargonaut.org.
1:00 PM: Arrive, setup, flute talk and play (30 minutes).
1:30 PM: Historical Native American Flutes (30 minutes).
- 1 early whistle bone (from Doc Payne's collection).
- 1 Anasazi replica flute (made by Coyote Oldman).
- 1 Hopi replica flute.
- 1 Papago flute (1800s, from Doc Payne's collection).
- 3 NAF flutes (1900s, from Doc Payne's collection).
- Get a visual tour of Doc Payne's collection, and see and hear from the man himself, about the evolution of the native american flute.
3:30 PM: Open flute time.