Tuesday, September 18, 2007

NCFC Central in Europe this week

I am in Paris this week on business, so I am not publishing too much. But I have a story I will tell you later in the week (if I can upload some pictures) about my visit to instrument collection of the Musee du Quay Branly. It was absolutely incredible... They have a collection of close to 9,000 instruments and it is one of the largest in Europe.

Here is a link to search their collection of instruments: http://www.quaibranly.fr/cc/pod/recherche.aspx?b=1&t=1

Note that this user interface is in French, (and I couldn't find a way to save a search or select an English interface for the search), but if you select the button next to the words: "Instruments de musique" and then type your search (e.g. "flute" without quotes) into the box with the words: "Saisir la recherche" and press the return key, you should get a results list of a pictures of all of the instruments in their collection matching your search.

No comments: