Here's the scoop: there are really only two categories where I found any relative interest in the artists that I know and love relative to New Age and world music.
We have a lot to be proud of in Northern California, with two of our local artists nominated for Grammy's: Mary Youngblood and Gentle Thunder (GT)!! Congratulations!
The good news is that both Mary and GT are nominated in different categories, so it could be a NorCal sweep if the stars align!
There are so many good albums listed below that it will be a tough year and I don't envy the folks who have to choose! This is a good sign for the industry, that there are so many quality artists out there producing some great recordings.
Props also to Will Clipman for his double nominations on two other albums in both categories. Will is such a talented percussionist.
Best New Age Album (Vocal or Instrumental.)
- A Posterior - Enigma [Virgin Records]
- Amarantine - Enya [Reprise]
- Beyond Words - Gentle Thunder With Will Clipman & AmoChip Dabney [Delvian Records / GT Productions]
- Elements Series: Fire - Peter Kater [Real Music]
- The Magical Journeys Of Andreas Vollenweider - Andreas Vollenweider [Kin Kou/SLG Records]
Best Native American Music Album (Vocal or Instrumental.)
- Voice Of The Drum - Black Eagle [Soar]
- Heart Of The Wind - Robert Tree Cody & Will Clipman [Canyon Records]
- American Indian Story - Jana [Soar]
- Long Winter Nights - Northern Cree & Friends [Canyon Records]
- Dance With The Wind - Mary Youngblood [Silver Wave Records]