If you are somewhat savvy with computers, have a webcam and mic on your PC, and you'd like to try this experiment, then please reach out to me.
Here's how it works:
- Google+ is the new social media platform from Google. (it's a competitor to Facebook)
- You'll need to join Google+ on your own or email me to give you an invite. (look for the email address in the blog header).
- If you're already on Google+ then send me a friend request.
- Google+ using the concept of "circles" of friends to connect you with other Google+ members. The cool thing about this is that you can separate your work friends from your personal friends, from your music friends.
- Once we're connected, I can create what's known as a "Hangout". This is simply a webcam conferencing feature which let's any of your "Friends" in a given "circle" join the hangout.
How to Use a Hangout to teach remotely?
- This what I want to experiment with. Leveraging my webcam and a microphone, I want to see how easily we can work together for a remote teaching experience. I have no idea how well this will work...
- But the premise is cool, because everyone who joins the hangout will be able to see each other, hear each other and I am hoping that it enables everyone to share together.
- If it works, then I'll setup a hangout for predefined times of the week when I can be available to help you improve your playing.