I regret to say that I will not be able to attend this year as I am currently in Europe on business, but I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing the wonderful stories from this years event.
Schedule of events:
- 9:00 AM - Flag Raising (Frank Clark - veteran) The Star Spangled Banner (Danielle Fisher)
- 9:15 AM - Opening ceremony.
- 9:45 AM to 10:30 AM - Performances by players in the Northern California Flute Circle and other talented people.
- 10:30 AM - Blanket Dance for donations to featured professional performers.
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM - Performances by players in the Northern California Flute Circle and other talented people (This may be allowed to overrun).
- 1:00 PM - Jon Johnson, a man who gives a fabulous performance and plays ten instruments will be speaking and playing until 2:00 PM.
- 2:00 PM - Eric Ray, a great performer on the Native flute - and his daughter on the Mother Drum - will be playing until 3:00 PM.
- 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM - Performances by players in the Northern California Flute Circle and other talented people.
- John Stillwell - www.atflutes.com
- Vance Pennington (Waking Spirit Flutes) - www.wakingspiritflutes.com
- Brian Revheim (Napa Valley Flutes) - www.nvflutes.com
- Mark Purtill (Anasazi Dream Flutes) - www.anasazidream.blogspot.com
- David Blonski - www.timelessproductions.com
- Kathi Cameron and Sherry Martin will be giving a free workshop, especially for young people, on playing the Native American flute.
- Lisa Halpin will give a beginning flute playing workshop for adults for $25.00 for 1 1/2 hours.
- Multiple Grammy winner, Mary Youngblood, and Arts Therapist, Steve Branco, will be giving a workshop called Music, Healing, and the Native American Flute. The workshop will last for two hours and the starting time will provided later. Cost for the workshop will be $65 per person.www.maryyoungblood.com
Link with directions: http://www.softcom.net/users/greebo/festival.htm