Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In Remembrance: Sharon Downer

I just learned this morning that a great friend, and fellow flutie, Sharon Downer lost her battle with brain cancer on Monday morning, August 18. My heart aches with her passing, but I know that Sharon's spirit is in a better place.
And what an amazing spirit and huge heart Sharon had. I first met Sharon Downer at one of the Northern California Flute Circles events at Mary Youngbloods house many years ago. She greeted everyone she met with a smile and a hug. I'll always remember her smile, her laugh and especially her eyes, which were always smiling.
She adored the Native American flute and was big fan and student of Mary Youngblood. I know that I'll miss Sharon, and I encourage you to play a song in her memory this week.

Memorial services will be at 11:00 am this Saturday, Aug 23, in Grass Valley and Mary is playing at the memorial service.

Chapel of the Angels
250 Race St
Grass Valley, CA 95945
(530) 273-2446
www.chapeloftheangels.com

No comments: