Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Historical Northern California Flute music?

I wanted to open up a question to all of the blog readers out there. I've been engaged in an email conversation with some friends to try and determine if there is any historical evidence for a flute or flageolet style instrument in the tribes of Northern California. Alternatively, does anyone know of any recording artist from a Northern California tribe, who has recorded either flute music or other traditional music (singing, drumming or other)?

To my limited knowledge, I have not heard of the existence of any flute music tradition in the tribes of Northern California. But someone out there may know more about the musical traditions of the Northern California tribes, so I am asking you...

You can respond in the comments, or send me an email and I'll post your comments (anonymously if you choose) in a future blog entry. Thanks!

email: ncfc AT naflute DOT com

No comments: