Friday, July 07, 2006

Big NCFC Gathering tomorrow

It's late, and it's been a while since I've posted (I just realized). The long 4th of July weekend kept me busy plus I had a touch of the flu on Sunday and Monday last week, so I didn't feel like doing much of anything.

I am busy tonight, packing the car with all of the stuff I am bringing to the big NCFC gathering tomorrow at Mary Youngblood's house. I promise to take lot's of pictures and then post comments and pictures over the next couple of days about the event. We've got well over 50 people RSVP'd. Four flute makers: Geoffrey Ellis, Steven Deruby, Brian Revheim and Fairy Mushroom.

I talked to Mary today, and she's really excited about the improvization workshop tomorrow. She's bringing in a special guest to help with the workshop (I am not spoiling the surprise...). We've got Elysium Calling playing a set in the evening, starting at 6PM, and Mary also said that she's got 2/3 thirds of her band and a fill-in for the other 1/3, so there will be some special performances in the evening. It's going to be a great day. I hope to see many of you there.

If you're interested, check out the link on the NCFC website for last minute details: http://www.naflute.com/springgathering.html

No comments: