Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Back from Amsterdam - a tale of jetlag...

I returned from my trip to Amsterdam on Saturday. Here it is Monday and I'm finally over my jetlag. Usually I'll take a Tylenol PM to help me sleep all night on the evening that I return from a long flight and this usually does the trick to get me back in the timezone. But since I got back home on Saturday morning at 2 AM and I had a gig early in the afternoon on Saturday, I didn't want to chance being too drugged out for my performance, so I skipped it. My performance was great, I was running on adrenaline. I got to sleep early on Saturday night, only to wake up at 2AM on Sunday morning. Needless to say, I was awake for 3 hours before I could go back to sleep.
So I FINALLY took a Tylenol PM on Sunday night, and woke up feeling great after 8 hours of solid sleep on Monday morning. Glad that's over.

Regarding Amsterdam, I had a great time. It was fun to be in one city for the whole week, unlike my usual business trips to Europe where it's a different city every day for a week. I took my flutes downtown and played for all of the shoppers on Thursday evening. The stores are open late on Thursdays in Amsterdam (good thing to know...). I needed the practice badly as I hadn't had the chance to practice all week in the hotel. Wouldn't you know it, the only ones to throw me money were my workmates (and then they promptly picked it up, the thieves...). Actually, I wasn't playing for money, I didn't want to piss off any of the other street musicians, and well I don't need the cash anyway. I am hoping to post a picture when I get some back from my work friends who were there.

No comments: